1. Whenever someone flushes the toilet he runs over and lifts the lid so he can watch the water go down. Ewww...
2. Trying to stand on the coffee table
3. We have our nice set of silverware in a low kitchen drawer (I know, I need a baby lock on it) and he likes to pull various silverware pieces and tap them on the floor. When we go to use this set we're going to need to wash them really well :)
Riding a mower with daddy
4. At the store, he grabs whatever produce he can find and puts them in the grocery store cart. He started a little pile of limes in his seat the other day.
5. I very nearly saved a book from being thrown into the toilet the other day. I was not as lucky with the whole roll of toilet paper he dunked in there this morning.
6. Sometimes I can't finish making dinner because he is panicked that I'm not holding him right now! But when I pick him up and he lays that head on my shoulder and wraps his arms around me, I'm probably gonna sit down and rock him and put down whatever I'm doing. I can't say no to that :)
Pointing at something, as usual
7. He loves helping mommy with chores. The other day he helped me vacuum. Then he saw me folding clothes so he graciously brought me a bunch of ties David had sitting in a box on the floor and was adding them to my pile of folded clothes. So helpful :)
8. This morning Eli realized he could reach the ice and water dispensers on our fridge door. He's just tall enough to press the levers. He got a big surprise this morning when he pushed the water lever and got a shot of water right to the face!
Checking out Mommy's flowers
9. A box of toys can go untouched for hours or even days because other "toys" are all over. Such as: daddy's XBOX controller, a camera bag, a shoe, the dog's bowl, a sifter (for powdered sugar, etc.), a remote control (that doubles as a phone in toddler world!) etc.
Last, here's a funny toddler story to end on. I shared this on my personal Facebook page, but it's too funny not to share with you. I was driving with Eli the other day. We get down the road a few hundred feet and Eli starts bawling. Not just a frustrated or whiney cry, but his hurt/scared cry (the one that tears your heart up). So I pull over to check on him thinking he has got his finger stuck or hurt himself somehow. He's fine but he is reaching for me and had big, pitiful tears on his cheeks. We really needed to hurry to where we were going so I gave him a hug and got back in to keep driving. He calms down, but then starts the pitiful crying again. And I realize, the loud GPS voice coming through the speakers is scaring him. Poor thing! I cracked up. I guess if you are a baby and hear a strange, mechanical voice booming through the speakers it would freak you out too!
Don't you love that face?
And last, here are some pretty pictures of the herb garden we have in our backyard. The previous owner planted it, and I'm not exactly sure of everything that's in there. But here's what we have:
Something that looks like "pet grass" on the left, some sage or oregano in the front, a huge mum(?) bush thing in the middle, a lemon-y smelling herb in the back left and right. And the purple flowers are some kind of onion/chives.
Sliced some of these up and put them in my potato soup tonight. Yum!